Vehicle Collisions Claims
Including car, truck, and motorcycle collisions.
Steps to Take When You Are Injured
- Seek medical attention immediately – It is your top priority!
- Contact Mark Wertz for direction and assistance with your personal injury case. There is no charge to call or for an initial in-person consultation.
- Never sign or agree to anything without the assistance of a lawyer.
- Prepare your case by gathering any relevant information that may assist in preparing your case (this may include taking notes about the accident, and injuries, taking pictures of the scene, and vehicles, gathering statements from witnesses, and any other possible evidence. All these can be done with the assistance of a personal injury lawyer)
“Simple” Motor Vehicle Cases Are a Rarity
Effective representation in motor vehicle liability cases not only requires prompt, thorough investigation and experienced insightful evaluation, but it also requires skill in navigating the increasingly complicated and ever-changing legal environment:
- The at-fault driver or drivers’ insurance company’s overall strategy of paying nothing or as little as possible;
- The at-fault driver asserting “comparative fault” against the victim;
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist claims and,
- Subrogation lien claims such as those made by a victim’s auto and health insurance.
Commercial Vehicle – Truck Incidents
Injury cases involving the negligence of a Commercial Vehicle Operator such as a Commercial Truck or Bus involve unique issues. Attorney Mark Wertz has represented victims of semi-tractor trailer collisions and other commercial vehicle incidents for over 30 years.
Among these issues are the need for an immediate and thorough investigation, and insurance coverage determinations.
Several laws can apply to semi-tractor-trailer collisions and other commercial vehicle incidents. These laws include the Federal Motor Carrier Act and provisions of the Code of Federal Regulations. The insurance adjusters are commonly very experienced and aggressive.
It is not unusual for insurance and trucking companies to literally fly investigators to the accident scene on the same day of the incident to investigate, including obtaining detailed measurements, taking extensive photographs, and conducting an accident reconstruction.
Semi-tractor trailers and other commercial vehicle incidents often involve significant injuries, serious financial hardships, lengthy medical treatment, and major permanent damages.
It is important that you have the consultation and direction of an experienced attorney immediately. Time is often of the essence. Most often immediate investigation is advisable. These incidents are legally and factually complex. They require knowledge of the commercial vehicle industry and operations.